22 June 2011

Prelibato, London, UK

Prelibato fits exactly the idea I have of a neighbourhood Italian trattoria. It is simple and serves delicious antipasti, pizza and other Italian fares with delicious fresh pasta of the day.


I went there several times, and here is a sample of what I had at Prelibato.

A gorgeous hand-cut steak tartare with a fresh egg yolk. No good for pregnant women, especially with the frightening E.Coli running all over Europe, my stomach has been strenghtened by my random food sampling in Asian food stalls and I am not pregnant.

Steak tartare

A fragant broth of clams with cherry tomatoes and plenty of olive oil.

Clams with cherry tomatoes

I found out that triangular-shaped "ravioli" are called pansotti. These were stuffed with beetroot and came with fresh clams and parsley.

Beetroot pansotti with clams

Veggie chestnut and spinach ravioli.

Spinach and chestnut ravioli

I have never been disappointed by the food at Prelibato and I am wondering right now why I do not eat there more often.

Cost: £10-20 per meal

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious!!
    I would like us to have lunch there next time I come to London :-)

    ReplyDelete