3 June 2011

Made's warung, Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia

I have not been very adventurous during my Balinese trip and when it was time (or not) to eat, I followed the recommendations of my Lonely Planet guidebook. In the bling coastal city of Seminyak, Made's Warung is one of LP's top choices. I walked there from my guesthouse, and probably should have taken a taxi, to avoid the "Kuta Cowboys" asking me if I needed the services of a "strong driver". No thank you.


Made's Warung is a large venue with enough space to cater for large groups. I sat at a table next to the inner patio and had a carrot juice and some prawns crackers while waiting for my Nasi Campur special.


A Nasi Campur is not a specific dish. It simply means a meal of plain rice with different "sides". My Nasi Campur special included curried aubergines, green chicken curry, deep-fried tempeh, chili prawns, anchovies, cucumber salad, spinach, fried tofu, chili, curried fish, a sort of ratatouille and sambal. I may have forgotten some of the sides, but I remember how tasty and filling the whole dish was.

Nasi campur special

Cost: IDR 55 000 for the Nasi Campur special (~£4)



No comments:

Post a Comment