2 June 2011

Blu d' aMare, Gili Trawangan, Lombok, Indonesia


Blu d' aMare is a beach front guest house and trattoria on the east-north part of Gili Trawangan. According to Lonely Planet, Blue d'aMare is the best Italian fare on the island. As my Malay friend was craving for pasta I suggested going there for dinner. As it had rained, like every day around 6-7pm, there were quite a few of my blood-thirsty mosquito friends. But I was well-equipped with my 50% DEET insect repellent and could enjoy a fresh Bintang without being annoyed by these little monsters.



We shared a simple salad of cucumber, tomatoes and lettuce to start. It never feels quite right to me to have raw vegetables in Asia, not for fear of getting sick but because crudités do not fit in Asia. However, as my diet of the past few days had been based on curries and nasi goreng, this healthy plate of vegetables was more than welcome.

Tomato and cucumber salad

I had then a generous portion of seafood linguine, prepared with freshly caught seafood. The sauce was rich and with plenty of tomatoes, and would have been perfect with a splash of white wine.

Seafood linguine

Overall Blue d'aMare was a nice experience, and even if food had not been good, it would not have been an issue. As once on Gili T, nothing really matters but enjoying yourself and chilling out.


No comments:

Post a Comment