20 August 2011

Sakura

As I had a craving for sashimi, I asked R. to take me to a Japanese restaurant for lunch. We went to Sakura on Conduit street and were welcomed by  four or five "Irasshaimase!". R. spotted a real tv guy at the table next to us. He looked showbizy indeed with his orange tan, but I did not know him and don't remember his name.


Green tea

We had a platter a sashimi to share, and there is not much to say except that the fish was very fresh.

Sashimi

As the weather was cold and rainy, as it often is during the British summer, I had a hot noodle soup. The broth tasted good, as well as the finely sliced pork belly but the ramen noodles were not firm enough to my taste.

Ramen noodles with pork soup

R. has a very healthy Japanese summer salad. It was a platter of shredded omelet, cucumber, radish, cooked ham, and fish stick with cold noodles. Very fresh and tasty.

Japanese salad

Cost: less than £10 for a noodle soup, £10-£20 for lunch set / sushi set




No comments:

Post a Comment