3 July 2011

Bogayo, London, UK

I love merguez but this is a rarity in London where most sausages are thick and made of pork meat. For a good couscous I usually think of Momo where the couscous is very fine. The truth is that I don't know another place for couscous in London. Or "didn't know" as I found Bogayo, a Moroccan restaurant on Old street that serves decent couscous and tajines at very reasonable prices.

I was sad to only find one merguez in my couscous Royale. It was good though, even if the couscous (I mean the semolina) was not as fine as Momo's, but still better than the Couscous Garbit my mother "cooked". The lamb tajine was succulent as well, with the meat so tender it was falling off the bone.

The wine list is affordable and presents some pretty interesting red wines from Morocco and some Italian and French classics. The venue is warm and cosy as you feel you eat under a Bedouin tent. Great for a nice affordable winter dinner with friends before going out in Shoreditch.

Couscous royal

Lamb tajine

Cost: £5 for starters, £10-£15 for mains

No comments:

Post a Comment