15 September 2010

Yoshino, London, UK

Sometimes I get obsessed with an ingredient and I will eat it every day for weeks. After my spinach era, my tofu period, my cassoulet age and my watermelon time (which tends to come back persistently every summer) I am currently fixated on raw fish. That began 2 weeks ago when I had a delicious lunch at Yoshino for a very reasonable price.

I ordered a chirashi, and had premium fresh fish with a succulent sushi rice topped with shredded nori, omelette and helda bean.

Chirashi sushi

Yoshino offers also great bento menus, and one of my favourite is the Yoshino Zen "Tzuki":

Grilled mackerel, 
beans in sesame dressing and home-made pickles

Tuna carpaccio and tuna rolls

Sunomono / potato and tofu salad

King prawn tempura


Yoshino also offers terrific home-made desserts, and while matcha pudding may not suit everyone's taste, I am personnally crazy of green tea ice cream, mousse and cakes, and Yoshino's green tea tiramisu is a killer.

Bean curd ice cream, 
black sesama panna cotta, 
green tea tiramisu


Cost: £15.8 for the chirashi sushi (comes with a miso soup), £19.8 for the Tsuki set, £9.8 for the dessert platter

1 comment:

  1. Monomaniac!
    I am currently into raw fish too, great stomachs eat alike ;-)

    ReplyDelete